Coordinator, GreenLight Fund (Multiple Sites)
Coordinator, GreenLight Fund (Multiple Sites)
GreenLight Fund is a national nonprofit with a local focus that partners with communities to create opportunities for inclusive prosperity.
Each year we facilitate a community-driven process that matches the local needs of individuals and families not met by existing programs, to organizations with track records of success elsewhere. Working with communities, we identify, invite in and launch proven organizations, providing collaborative support so they can quickly take root and deliver change.
Everything we do is designed to remove barriers to inclusive prosperity all too often rooted in racial inequities. Our impact increases exponentially as we address one specific, community-identified need each year, in each GreenLight site.
Since 2004, we have launched 44 portfolio organizations across eleven sites, invested $30.5M, and attracted an additional $206M from other funding sources, reaching more than 550,000 individuals and families last year alone.
To learn more about the GreenLight Fund, please visit www.greenlightfund.org.
GreenLight Fund Twin Cities Overview
GreenLight Fund launched in the Twin Cities in 2020 - in the wake of the murder of George Floyd. At a time when the racial disparities that exist locally were exacerbated by the global pandemic and continued violence against Black and Brown bodies, GreenLight Fund Twin Cities made the decision to prioritize organizations that focused on collaboratively creating opportunities for inclusive prosperity within Black communities. In 2022, we brought in Let Everyone Advance with Dignity, a public health approach to community safety, designed to provide intensive, holistic care to individuals cycling in and out of the legal system. To add to our portfolio, we are currently focusing on Black and Indigenous Maternal Health as well as Mental Health for Black and Brown youth. Our goal is to remove barriers within these communities, because when Black and Brown communities succeed, we all do.
GreenLight Fund Kansas City Overview
GreenLight Fund launched in Kansas City in 2018, a vibrant community with a strong philanthropic spirit and a willingness to innovate, but also a community where ongoing and systemic racism have not created equal opportunities for Black and Brown residents and families to thrive. Responding to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, GreenLight Fund Kansas City has made investments in youth mental health - the Becoming a Man and Working on Womanhood school based counseling programs, and child care - a collaboration between national leader in family child care, All Our Kin, and Kansas City early education leader, The Family Conservancy.
We are seeking an independent, highly organized, and community focused Coordinator with a passion for equity and addressing economic mobility for historically under-resourced communities to support the work in both the Twin Cities and Kansas City. This position will report to the Executive Director of GreenLight Fund Twin Cities, and work collaboratively across the local team in the Twin Cities as well as Kansas City.
You are a great fit for this role if you (1) take initiative and learn quickly (2) are highly organized and ready and willing to take on administrative and organizational tasks, (3) have a strong love of learning and research, (4) have strong written and oral communication skills (5) are a self-starter who is comfortable being behind the scenes, helping to make the “magic” happen.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Research current, relevant social issues and priorities facing historically underserved children, youth and families with barriers to social and economic mobility.
- Prepare presentations and supporting materials for all Selection Advisory Council meetings, including agendas, focus area briefs and research/diligence findings.
- Maintain internal management, data and reporting systems (experience with Salesforce, Apricot and Box is a plus, but not required) Marketing Communications and Investor Relations.
- Support planning and execution of annual launch events, showcasing our newest portfolio organization and impact.
- Conduct broad research on trends and national context of nonprofits and social innovation.
- Maintain and contribute regularly to GreenLight Fund social media (twitter), and quarterly e-newsletters via Mailchimp.
- Maintain website pages and contribute to blog postings.
- Conduct prospect research on potential donors/investors, including individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Maintain investor database in Salesforce Operations and Administration and support on grant proposal/report writing as necessary.
- Assist with scheduling and logistics of key meetings and site visits.
- Perform data entry, including contact and file management in Salesforce.
- Maintain database in Apricot; prepare and export reports on portfolio organizations as needed.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Minimum of 1 to 4 years of related experience.
This position is based in GreenLight Fund Twin Cities.
The salary for this position is $61,000.
GreenLight Fund offers a generous benefits package that includes:
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (80% paid by GLF, 20% by the employee for employees and family members)
- Dental and Vision Insurance through Guardian (80% paid by GLF, 20% by the employee for employees and family members)
- Full coverage of all mental health visit copays through Blue Cross Blue Shield (100% paid by GLF)
- Safe Harbor 401k. GLF will match 100% of the first 3% of salary and 50% of the next 2%
- Short and Long-term disability and Life insurance fully paid by GreenLight Fund
- 10 company-wide holiday closings and 3 floating holidays
- The week between Christmas Day and New Year's Day off
- Up to 12 sick days (6 days in your first year, if you start after July 1st)
- Up to 2 personal days (1 day in your first year, if you start after July 1st)
- COVID-19 Benefits
- Vacation Days: 15 days in years 1-3, 20 days in years 4-5, and 25 days in year 6 and beyond
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for birth parents, 6 weeks of paid parental leave for non-birth parents
- Up to $75 per month of cell phone reimbursement
- Up to $100 per month of WiFi reimbursement
- Up to $1,500 per year for professional development
- Access to Holisticly (40 Holisticly Credits per Month)
GreenLight Fund is committed to fostering diversity, equity and inclusion at every level of the organization. GreenLight Fund recognizes and appreciates the value of building a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive work environment. GreenLight Fund takes pride in being an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental ability, race, region, sexual orientation or veteran status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com